Saturday, March 22, 2008

Road Trip!



Brian:
I woke up in southern New Jersey at my parents place (at a family event), but I've had these championship tickets for a while, so my girlfriend and I are crazily driving up to Boston today to catch the Hockey East championship game between Boston College and the Vermont Catamounts (7pm, NESN). UVM dispatched of our green line rivals BU 3-1 in the second semifinal.

Road trip! Who cares about brackets. Mine is shot already, although I can't say I didn't warn you.

Since I won't be online for the game, for those of you lucky enough to get NESN coverage of the event, leave your thoughts on the game in the comments section below.

Go BC!

3 comments:

Anfield10 said...

I am in Atlanta and have listened to every game through the BC website, but last night it suddenly wasn't available to listen to - any idea why, or if I will be able to listen tonight?

Anfield10 said...

VICTORY!!!!!!!!

I love Gerbe, but I think Muse should have gotten the MVP. Gerbe did rack up some points, but many were second assists, and his goal was the empty netter.

One more thing, I read on ICH.com that Porter is the biggest "lock" since Kariya to win the Hobey. I just don't get why. As of yesterday, Porter had 56 points and Gerbe had 52, and now Gerbe racked them up this weekend. what do you think?

Brian said...

The game was really fun. I was also bummed that Muse didn't get the MVP for the tournament, but he did let up 4 goals last night. Selfless act to pass to Gerbe at the end for the empty netter for the extra points.

Everything I've read says Porter will win the Hobey. Probably not a good sign that UNH's Regan beat out Gerbe for Hockey East POY. But stranger things have happened ...

Go BC!