Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Headlines: The 2009 Matt Ryan Roadshow

Brian: The NFL released their 2009 schedule tonight. Of course as a Giants fan, my eyes immediately darted towards the New York Giants schedule (definitely manageable this season if they can get out of September).

After that, however, I took a look at the Atlanta's schedule to see where Matt Ryan and the Falcons would be traveling this fall. The results? Well, let's just say a good number of BC alum will be excited ...

2009-2010 Atlanta Falcons Road Games

DateGameLocationTime
Sun 9/27Falcons at PatriotsFoxboro, MA1:00pm
Sun 10/11Falcons at 49ersSan Francisco,CA4:05pm
Sun 10/25Falcons at CowboysArlington, TX4:15pm
Mon 11/2Falcons at SaintsNew Orleans, LA8:30pm
Sun 11/15Falcons at PanthersCharlotte, NC1:00pm
Sun 11/22Falcons at GiantsEast Rutherford, NJ1:00pm
Sun 12/20Falcons at JetsEast Rutherford, NJ1:00pm
Sun 1/3Falcons at BuccaneersTampa, FL1:00pm


For those keeping track at home, that is four Falcons trips to three cities with some of the largest concentrations of Boston College alumni - Boston, New York x2, and San Francisco. Throw in Dallas for good measure and a game in the New Cowboys Stadium, and that is one great schedule for BC fans.

Note that the Falcons at Patriots game is the same weekend as Parents' Weekend and the ACC home opener against Wake Forest. Huge football weekend for Eagles fans September 26-27.


Also, and I know that Tampa and Miami aren't exactly that close, but the Falcons' regular season finale is in Tampa on January 3. The Orange Bowl is on January 5. Just saying.

7 comments:

Bird said...

Some bold statements...but I'll be cheering for Matt Ryan. The dude is a beast and huge relief for long-time struggling Falcons fans. Back-to-back winning seasons is the goal.

Raj said...

To quote Ray Romano "Umm i dont know about you but my pee pee just went ......"

blockparty said...

he gets happy go jackie on the big white guy.

Erik said...

I love football. I love BC, I love the Patriots. I love Matt Ryan. I probably even give the edge to BC over the Patriots in my fandom. But if you think I would go to Foxboro to watch Matt Ryan, you're crazy. If I went to that game, I'd be hoping for a 50-0 Pats victory, 4 INTs and 5 sacks. He's on the other team now.

So this Road Schedule equation only works if I lived in an NFL city that was a city other than the team I support, like if I up and moved to Dallas next week.

Brian said...

Would I root for the Falcons over the Giants at Giants Stadium? No.

Would I root for the Falcons over the Jets at Giants Stadium? Likely.

Would I root for the Falcons over the Patriots at Gillette? Absolutely.

Am I very excited that Ryan comes to NYC twice next year? Definitely. The kid is a stud and reminds me of the awesome time we had during the 2007 season.

Raj said...

Having no real strong NFL allegiances allows me to follow the man the myth the legend...

Kevin said...

I nearly cried when Matt Ryan was drafting by the Falcons, and not the Ravens.