Thursday, March 19, 2009

Fortune Teller: Final Four Bracket

Finally, we arrive at our Final Four. Destination Detroit.

Brian: Last year, Jeff got 3 of 4 Final Four teams correct in the boring all chalk Final Four, while I only got 2 of 4 correct. However, I had Kansas in the National title game and winning it all, so for that, I overtook Jeff for the first ever BCI NCAA Tournament Pool title based on rules that were never clearly established at the beginning (small technicality).

This year, the challenge is much more formalized. Take on Jeff and my bracket for ultimate blog bragging rights. And I believe Jeff promised Raj that the winner will get some face time on the blog. Retail price: $2.99.

We'll publish our first round of standings on Sunday after we get to the Sweet 16.

Jeff's Picks
Final Four: Louisville(Wake in my yahoo bracket), Memphis, UNC, Duke
National Championship: UNC, Memphis
National Champion: UNC

Jeff's Parting Shots
I am very pro-ACC in this tourney as I have always seemed to favor the Big East or ACC when it comes to bracket time. This year is especially heavy since my last minute change made it 3 ACC schools in the Final Four. I don't think my bracket is perfect and don't think UNC will win it all. If I could take all the 3, 4, and 5 seeds instead of UNC, I would. Anyone taking that bet?

Brian's Picks
Final Four: Louisville, Memphis, Pittsburgh, Gonzaga
National Championship: Louisville, Pittsburgh
National Champion: Pittsburgh

Brian's Parting Shots
I know, I know. Since the field expanded to 64 teams, Pittsburgh has never advanced beyond the Sweet 16. Call it a hunch. I think they are one of the most complete teams in the country. Laugh all you want at my Gonzaga pick. All chalk finals are boring, so I decided to spice it up a little. I know the odds are in my favor, but I'm willing to bet that we won't see an all #1 seed Final Four again this year.

Enjoy all the hoops action this weekend, and Go Eagles!

No comments: