Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Role Play: Gerbe, AJ, Jags, ACC Insider, Crane

It's Wednesday and you know what that means - time for a game of role play. And for all you people that found this blog by Googling the search term "role play," you are in the wrong place ...

Jeff: Brian, you are Nathan Gerbe. Not coming back for another year at the Heights? WTF?

Brian as Nathan Gerbe:
I was very torn on this decision, Jeff. But not really. I just felt that I had accomplished all that I had set out to do at Boston College. Frozen Four MOP, nation's leading scorer, Beanpot championship, Hockey East championship, National championship. What more could you have asked from me? Not it's time for me to take care of me and my own and for the Sabres to show me the money!

Brian: Jeff, you are AJ Brooks. Rumor is you want back into football, this time with Georgetown College (KY). Is your troubled past behind you and are you gonna tear up the NAIA?

Jeff as AJ Brooks: I am going to tear up the NAIA! I should've seen the field more at BC, but the coaches didn't like me. I got into one on campus fight and you think I have a troubled past? I bet half of BC students have been in some sort of late night altercation, but since I am bigger than most of those kids I have some idiot claim I assaulted him with a dangerous weapon, my shoe. I mean c'mon. Naturally the charges were dropped and I'm ready to move on and get 20+ touches a game at Georgetown.

Jeff: Brian, you are the spirit of Chicago White Sox's manager Ozzie Guillen channeled inside the body of Coach Jags. How do you feel about the Boston College – Notre Dame rivalry?

Brian as Coach Jags channeling his inner Ozzie Guillen: We've beat them 5 times in a row, and we're horse[bleep]. The Irish haven't won a bowl game since 1994, and they're the [bleeping] best. [Bleep] it, we're good. [Bleep] everybody. We're horse[bleep], and we're going to be horse[bleep] the rest of our lives, no matter how many times we beat down on Notre Dame.

We are the [bleep] of the Catholics. We're the Catholic [bleep].

/end exorcism

Jeff: I'm not exactly sure what you just said, but I take it you think we're better than Notre Dame.


Brian: Jeff, you are this ACC insider of The News & Observer. Again, no love for BC from a Carolina newspaper. BC projected to finish #10 of #12 in men's hoops next year. Go ahead, back up your outlook.

Jeff as ACC insider: Brian, where do you want me to put your beloved Eagles? First!? No. This is the ACC not the Big East, its not that easy. I do expect your team to be better than last year hence I bumped them up from their last place finish in 07-08. If Spears had stayed I might have moved them to the middle of the pack but they are going to struggle down low this coming season defending some of the ACC's athletic big men.


Jeff: Brian, you are Boston College QB Chris Crane. Are you pissed or pleased that you are "decent" according to Diana Nearhos of the Heights?

Brian as Chris Crane: Decent?! I'm pissed. Look, I know I'm not going to be great. I have big shoes to fill. Matt Ryan was a football stud and was just selected as the highest NFL draft pick to ever come out of BC. A tough act to follow for sure, but unlike my competition, I have seen some action as the Eagles signal caller. How many touchdowns Matt Ryan score in the Blacksburg downpour? 2? Oh, I just had 3 touchdowns and 2 on the ground in similar, miserable playing conditions. I'm not just going to be decent. To steal a line from Coach Jags, I'm gonna win, and I'm going to look good doing it.

1 comment:

VinsanityBC said...

Hey if you guys aren't ready to forget about the BC Eagles Hockey team's great season check out this video. You really should embed it GREAT VIDEO!!!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7604221474768283476