Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Fortune Teller: Midwest Regional Brackets

The Midwest's "amber fields of grain ..."

Our journey from coast to coast next takes us to the Midwest regional. A lot of people, me included, like #1 Kansas, the Big XII champion. Could this be the year that Kansas finally doesn't bust my bracket? Jeff lets his tiger stripes show and is picking the sole ACC representative, #5 Clemson, to go to San Antonio.

DISCLAIMER! Read on at your own bracket's peril, and as always, let us know your thoughts in the comments section.


Jeff's Picks

First Round: Kansas, UNLV, Clemson, Vanderbilt, USC, Wisconsin, Davidson, Georgetown
Second Round: Kansas, Clemson, Wisconsin, Georgetown
Sweet 16: Clemson, Georgetown
Final Four Pick: Clemson

Brian's Picks

First Round: Kansas, Kent State, Clemson, Vanderbilt, USC, Wisconsin, Davidson, Georgetown
Second Round: Kansas, Clemson, USC, Georgetown
Sweet 16: Kansas, USC
Final Four Pick: Kansas

Jeff's "wisdom"

If we were playing "Buy or Sell" and the choices were certain conferences in the tournament I'd be buying the ACC because the top 3 teams, UNC, Duke and Clemson, can flat out play. And I'd be selling the Big 12 and Big Ten. Remember the ACC/Big Ten challenge this year? ACC won 8 of 11 and both games that included two teams now in the tournament. One of those was a 24 point win by Duke over Wisconsin.

3 comments:

ChristianRusso said...

I forgot who I told.. may have been my dad or Raj.. but I knew without BC in the tourney, Jeff would have Clemson making a run. Thanks for proving me right, Jeff! Jeff is loyal to the end, that's for sure.

Brian said...

/ ponders Jeff's blatant ACC and Clemson homerism

/ in head, sings Grease's "Hopelessly Devoted to You" ...

Andy said...

The ACC bias can get expensive... Clemson will struggle to beat good defensive teams like Kansas and Georgetown.

I was sad to learn that there are now 3 post season tournaments in college basketball... And BC isn't in any of them...