Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Fortune Teller: Final Four Bracket

These teams best not forget the Alamo.


On to the Final Four! These are the teams Jeff and I think will prove to be the best four in all the land and make the trip to San Antonio. No disclaimer this time. If you've actually used this information to fill out your bracket, you officially have no hope of winning that office pool this year.

Let us know we are certifiably crazy in the comments section.


Jeff's Picks

Final Four: North Carolina, Clemson, Memphis, UCLA
National Championship: Clemson, UCLA
National Champion: UCLA

Brian's Picks

Final Four: Tennessee, Kansas, Texas, UCLA
National Championship: Kansas, UCLA
National Champion: Kansas

Brian's "wisdom"

There is no doubt in Jeff's mind that the ACC is the best conference around this year. He has both the Tigers and the Tar Heels making the Final Four in a rematch of the ACC Championship (which he saw in person). I was impressed by what I saw in the Big XII final, and see both Texas and Kansas making the 4. We both agree on UCLA making the championship game. I see the West as the easiest road to the Final Four. Finally, I'm pulling for BC's own Bruce Pearl and his Volunteers to pull the upset in the Round of 8 and send Carolina packing.

Enjoy the games tomorrow, and go BC!

4 comments:

Anfield10 said...

I tried to mix things up a little in the bracket this year, so I have K State going all the way to the elite 8 where they fall to Kansas, and Pitt going all the way to the elite 8 where they fall to Stanford. I have Stanford, Xavier, Kansas, UNC final four, with Kansas beating Stanford to win it all

Brian said...

Kansas-K State would be an interesting battle. It could happen. I like the winner of USC-K State to go to the 8s.

I'm also a bit concerned with (3) Xavier v. (14) Georgia at the moment.

Kansas always demolishes my bracket. You would think looking at my bracket year in, year out that I actually went to school there.

Jeff said...

I had 6 more wins than Brian in the first round. Kudos to me but I did lose a final four team already in Clemson.

Christopher - If Kansas State does meet Kansas in the Elite 8 that game can go either way. Kansas State did beat Kansas earlier this year. I like your Stanford final four pick. I think there is a 3 way coin flip in that bracket between Memphis Texas and Stanford.

Anfield10 said...

wow, a real hit and miss year for me so far - i picked Siena and Western Kentucky, but also had UConn and Clemson going through a couple rounds and am horrified that I have Xavier going to the Final 4. I like my Kansas pick, though I know it is the early going. I also have Pitt making a deep run, but they will face a real test in Mich. St.